Some minor problems.

Some minor problems.

Postby JackBassV » Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:23 pm

With a couple of sims I play, I've noticed a problem.

To get the stick movement correct in Flight and Oolite, you have to "invert stick." This makes the control movement correct (push forward to dive, pull to climb.) Unfortunately, this has an effect on Touch Pilot, in that you have to pull the throttle down to increase the engine rpm and the same with prop and fuel mixture settings.

Oolite has an additional problem, in that the only slider control that can be allocated to the throttle setting is the mixture one. No idea why.

Can we have an option to invert the (slider) controls in touch pilot, either in the server or on the app? I'm going to write to Oolite about these problems. But given that MS has dumped Flight, it's a waste of time trying to get them to help - especially since you can only allocate a limited set of controls ( for example: All lights on/off is available to allocate, but Landing, Nav and Strobe lights aren't.)

This is an excellent little app, I hope you continue to develop additional settings (the ability to put labels above the controls would be great, as would the ability to save them as a form of overlay.) I look forward to what you come up with next.

JBV
JackBassV

Re: Some minor problems.

Postby Ben » Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:16 pm

hi. sorry for the delay. didn't notice this post until now. i'm not sure i understand what you're saying about the stick inversion. are you saying that when you choose to invert the stick in oolite, it inverts all joystick axes, including the throttle? if so, i'm not sure there's much i can do about that. it's a bit silly if the game doesn't let you invert one axis at a time. i'll consider adding axis inversion to TP1, but i have so many other higher priority things to do right now, so i can't promise anything.
---------------------
Ben @ Touch Pilot
Ben

Return to General