Customizable interface

Customizable interface

Postby Jimmy » Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:07 pm

Add me to the list of supporters for a customizable interface. This is a $20 add-on, if I can customize my interface!!

Right now, I cannot really justify the $5 price tag for 4 buttons. I have hardware for the majority of what you have placed by default. The TPM sliders are a BIG waste of screen real estate for those with hardware throttle quads. I'm assuming that the majority of your customer base probably has a saitek or CH yoke - each of which comes with hardware TPM.

Out of the box, the TP1 makes a GREAT! add on for those who travel, and cannot bring all of their hardware with them. Just a laptop and a tablet running FS+TP1 will allow travelers to enjoy their sim.

For the home user, however, there are just as many different hardware configurations as there are simmers. I would like a GPS and radio stack controls... The next guy might need ALT/BAT/AVNCS master switches... Others might need flaps and landing gear levers... Etc.

I could see a potential market being completely missed by not having a customizable interface. $5 for the basic package, plus an in-app upgrade for another $5 or $10 for the ability to make our own backgrounds, label our own buttons and chose whether they are a button, a toggle, a lever, or a slider. The home cockpit builder market is booming, and a panel-mounted tablet with user-defined buttons could be a huge hit!

You have a great start... Dont miss out on this opportunity by making the TP1 (or whatever next product) an inflexible interface.
Jimmy

Re: Customizable interface

Postby Zptr » Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:19 am

I could see a potential market being completely missed by not having a customizable interface. $5 for the basic package, plus an in-app upgrade for another $5 or $10 for the ability to make our own backgrounds, label our own buttons and chose whether they are a button, a toggle, a lever, or a slider. The home cockpit builder market is booming, and a panel-mounted tablet with user-defined buttons could be a huge hit!

I don't play Earthly flight sims or have much interest in spending money on expensive hardware controllers, but I bought the app just because I love the concept and where it can go. As a space flight fan I would love to be able to download or customise profiles for old sims like I-War and X-Wing, and even the likes of Eve.

...Just emphasising that that potential market may be bigger than you think. Not all of us with an interest in the app are prop-heads :)
Zptr

Postby Ben » Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:40 am

i hear you on the customization, jimmy! don't worry, we're just getting started. we have big plans for the future, including customization. stay tuned!
---------------------
Ben @ Touch Pilot
Ben

Postby AA_Engadin » Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:24 am

Hi Ben,

heartfelt congrats for such a superb and affordable app :D . Just passing by to kindly ask you to take into account the big combat sim family. Sure you and all the Touch Pilot family have us in mind, but I would like to remind you the possibility to open a thread in, let's say, the Il-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover (my favourite sim) 1C forum [http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/forumdisplay.php?f=189]. Sure you will get a nice feedback from the fantastic guys living there for customization bits.

Just thinking loud: would it be possible to get individual customizable interfaces for fighters, bombers, single-twin-multiengined planes? That would be heaven for us (let me speak this time in behalf of the rest of the CoD community ;) ).

Many thanks again.

AA_Engadin
AA_Engadin

Postby Ben » Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:34 am

hi and welcome. believe me, we're big combat sim heads ourselves. we would love to do some WWII and WWI skins for TP1. no promises at the moment, but rest assured that it's on our minds :)
---------------------
Ben @ Touch Pilot
Ben

Postby AA_Engadin » Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:47 am

Sweet!

Thanks comrade.

AA_Engadin.
AA_Engadin

Postby Fish » Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:15 pm

Im looking for a replacement for my Saitek P8000 dash, which allowed me to configure up to a 5x7 array of keys with several modes. Touch pad, is the closest thing ive seen using a tablet to achieving this. Like the first poster, I would pay significantly more for a device which could allow me to (without too much coding) add and move buttons and graphics. Touch buddy was an addon which comes to mind, but it was for a lan, not a tablet. I could see it being a challenge to code though.

Cheers.
Fish
Fish

Return to General