Suggestions

Re: Suggestions

Postby Ben » Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:11 am

sbaliko wrote:Hi!

Thanks for this software, one more use of my tablet. :) I wrote a review to my flight sim website, a few suggestions:

- It's impossible to fine tune the axis, if I set a mixture to 100% then by a mistake set to 0% its instantly goes to the bottom. It will be cool if the axis not instatly, but continuously move to the new settings. We can agree, its is a bit harsh to set a mixture instantly to a completely different settings. :)

- Different flight sims out there with different requirements in the cockpit. Example: in the DCS: A-10C Warthog I would like to setup the UHF/VHF radio, ILS, TACAN and the onboard navigation systems with the Touch Pilot One, especially on the CDU sratchpad.

Sorry for my english.

Sándor

http://www.pcpilot.hu

i understand about the axis movement. you want it to move smoothly between positions if you tap somewhere away from the knob position. i'll see what i can do about that. no promises, because i have a lot of other priorities to juggle.

i would love to make apps for DCS. it's my personal favorite sim series. can't promise anything, but it would be cool to do.
---------------------
Ben @ Touch Pilot
Ben

Postby Ben » Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:13 am

kymh wrote:Thanks for such a great little app for my android.

Using the tablet as a joystick rather than sending keystrokes is a fantastic idea but for many other applications, not just FSX.

I was getting close to buying a button box for my racing simulators etc. When I see the prices of these at sites such as http://www.derekspearedesigns.com/Button-Boxes.html it's easy to see great potential.

I'd be so happy if I could just have 32 buttons to program and add my own background image to serve the purpose of labeling and separating button categories.
This would be so much better than a button box which still has to be messed up with stick on labels.

Is it even possible to have two running at the same time with two different joystick id's or is that impossible.
62 buttons by quickly changing between two apps and all in the space of a 10" tablet with no wiring is such an exciting prospect :-)

Oh, on the current app it would be great to have the three sliders a little closer to enable all three to be operated at the same time without spreading the fingers so much (or at all)

Thanks again and (please) keep up the good work!

Regards Kym

yep, we know you all want customization. we hear you, and we will try to make you happy! :)
---------------------
Ben @ Touch Pilot
Ben

Postby sbaliko » Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:20 am

Ben wrote:i understand about the axis movement. you want it to move smoothly between positions if you tap somewhere away from the knob position.

Exactly like that! :)

i would love to make apps for DCS. it's my personal favorite sim series. can't promise anything, but it would be cool to do.

Thanks!
sbaliko

Postby Caldwell » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:31 am

samspade wrote:
Ben wrote:i agree that would be nice. however, it's possible for the sim to get out of sync with the panel...

Too true, Ben. That even happens with tablet hardware addons, particularly if you start a saved flight. With hardware mismatches I find I have to reset the hardware mode then set it again using the keyboard to so as to match things up. For example, starting a flight in the air with gear up my "gear lever" is down by default. I have to raise the lever (which lowers the gear) then hit "g" on my keyboard (to raise the gear again) just to set things aright.

Personally I am used to this but I take your point that this could throw people 'off course'. Maybe that's another configuration choice; something like a checkbox to allow the button to toggle on/off or just press and release!

Graeme
(SamSpade)

It's a good trick. You can fix the sync button, hold down the situation does not change the state of the lighting button, which will trigger the function.
Caldwell

Previous

Return to General