Disabling Server

Discussion related to the server app that runs on your PC.

Disabling Server

Postby waduke87 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:55 pm

Is it possible to disable or prevent the server from running every time my computer starts? I'm having a conflict when running the server software and using my CH joystick in Battlefield 3. When running both the server software and BF3, BF3 constantly receives imputs from the server software and BF3 no longer sees my other joysticks. I have deleted the server software and am able to run BF3 as expected with my CH joysticks. I would prefer not to have to install and reinstall the server program. I have looked in the devices area under the control panel and see no listing for the vitural joystick which I can disable. In fact the only place the touch pilot virtual joystick shows up is under "game controllers" and there is no option to disable.
waduke87

Re: Disabling Server

Postby Ben » Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:24 am

hi. sorry for the trouble. i've posted a new item in the FAQ that should help with this problem. you don't need to uninstall TPS. you can just disable the driver. look at the bottom of the FAQ page.
http://touchpilot.net/download/faq/
---------------------
Ben @ Touch Pilot
Ben

Postby waduke87 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:08 pm

Thank-you. That works well. I apprciate the quick response.
waduke87

Postby JackBassV » Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:06 pm

Any idea when the "auto disable" version of the server is coming out?

Love the software, but when playing older games like Psychonauts with a 360 controller and the server enabled but not running, Psychonauts doesn't find the 360 controller, instead it tries to use TP - even though I'm not running it. Most modern games seem to be okay - GTA 4 for example.

It's a bit of a pain having to manually disable the server.

Keep up the good work.

JBV^_^
JackBassV

Postby Ben » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:25 am

sorry, i don't have a good estimate of when it will get done. we have so much to do, and juggling priorities is difficult. i can tell you that it's one of the the first things we plan to do next to the server app, but when it will happen i don't know.
---------------------
Ben @ Touch Pilot
Ben

Return to Touch Pilot Server