Bug: No Input from iPad to server w/ XBox360 controller pres

Discussion related to the server app that runs on your PC.

Bug: No Input from iPad to server w/ XBox360 controller pres

Postby ADorante » Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:40 am

Hi!
I'm running server 1.0 and the iPad app.
Windows 7, 64 bit and 2nd gen ipad.

First test: server launches ok and gets the ping from iPad, but no input is received from the iPad app.
Since I got no clue from reading the forum and the installation faq I checked for patterns that had emerged in the past. The prominent display of all input devices in Windows’ game controllers control panel by clicking “Test and Calibrate” under the Settings menu was helpful. I remembered how I wasn't able to launch the Dead Space series with an XBox360 controller plugged in.

Removing the XBox360 controller solved all problems: input from the ipad app is now received by the server.

---
Downloading the server application the first time wasn't as easy for me as it sounds. I looked for it for more then ten minutes on the web site before I realized I had to click ON the tab and not on the pull-down menu under the tab. And then there was only an ordinary link in a pile of text. A more prominent download link for you future customers may would work wonders ;)
ADorante

Re: Bug: No Input from iPad to server w/ XBox360 controller

Postby Ben » Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:32 am

hi. thanks for the suggestions on the website. i agree that it should be easier to find the download link for TP Server. i'll work on it.

that's interesting about the xbox controller. is there some software that enables you to use the xbox controller on your PC? what is the software called?
---------------------
Ben @ Touch Pilot
Ben

Postby ADorante » Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:55 am

Hi Ben,

The XBox360 controller is designed to be a dual-platform device, compatible with the Xbox360 and Windows Vista / Windows 7 via USB.
My controller came with an installation CD for Windows containing the drivers and the Microsoft XBox360 Accesssories. For my new computer (built in MAY 2011) I downloaded new versions of the driver from the Microsoft homepage.
ADorante

Postby Ben » Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:24 am

ok, so let me summarize your problem. let me know if it's accurate.

with the xbox driver installed, you start TP Server. then you start the ipad app. then you see ping received on TP Server. then pressing buttons on TP1 on the ipad results in no inputs shown in TP Server?

do you see "connected" in the ipad app right after you open it?

have you tried the new version of TP1, 1.0.1?
---------------------
Ben @ Touch Pilot
Ben

Postby ADorante » Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:09 am

I have just upgraded TP1 to 1.0.1 and checked its funtionality: It works now on my computer/ipad combo with xbox360 controller attached.

Thank you very much!
ADorante

Postby Ben » Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:02 am

good to know! thanks.
---------------------
Ben @ Touch Pilot
Ben

Return to Touch Pilot Server