problem - Touch Pilot and Saitek SST software

Discussion related to the server app that runs on your PC.

problem - Touch Pilot and Saitek SST software

Postby HiJack » Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:01 am

Hi

When installing Touch pilot One server on my computer the Saitek SST software stops working. Have you tested the software and driver for compatibility with Saitek equipment?

I am completely reliant of the SST software so I had to do a System Restore. That solved my problems but I have no Touch Pilot working.

EDIT: I am on Windows 7, 64 bit

(HJ)
HiJack

Re: problem - Touch Pilot and Saitek SST software

Postby Ben » Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:27 pm

hi. i have a saitek cyborg evo joystick, and i run the SST software for it, and don't have any problems. when you say SST "stops working", what exactly happens? do you get an error message? do you see unexpected behavior from SST?

what saitek controllers do you have? can you go into your device manager, and tell me what the hardware IDs are for all the saitek devices on your system? you'll have to double click each one, go to the details tab, and select hardware id from the drop down menu. see the attached screenshot. thanks.
Attachments
hardware_id.png
hardware_id.png (8.9 KiB) Viewed 62695 times
---------------------
Ben @ Touch Pilot
Ben

Postby HiJack » Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:04 pm

I am using the Saitek X52 Pro joystick.

This problem apears after the Touch Pilot Server is installed when trying to start SST application:

It is solved by reapplying the Saitek software and driver. These files downloaded from Saitek support site.
Saitek_X52Pro_Flight_Controller_SD6_64.exe
Smart_Technology_7_0_2_7_64bit.exe

Other users with Saitek X52/X52 Pro may experience the same problems. There must be som comon file that is replaced by your drivers or software. I have not had the time to test extensively on the update of saitek software yet.

(HJ)
Attachments
After install-SST software error.png
After install-SST software error.png (17.1 KiB) Viewed 62691 times
HiJack

Postby Ben » Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:10 pm

so this error message seems to be telling you that your saitek software is installed on a drive that is currently missing. what is drive H on your system? a shared drive on another machine? a usb hard drive that isn't plugged in? this error does not seem to have much to do with TP Server.

btw, those screenshots look like they're on Windows XP. i thought you said you were on Windows 7 64bit?
---------------------
Ben @ Touch Pilot
Ben

Postby HiJack » Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:39 pm

This dialog is from the Saitek SST software that stops working after installing Thouch Pilot. It looks for the installation files so it can be repaired. I've done that but the software stil did not work and I had to make a new install of the Saitek SST software. And I'm definetly on a Windows 7, 64 bit operating system, and have been since the first beta.

Saitek's software version 7_0_2_7_64bit do not work with Saitek X52 pro joystick so I had to go back to SST_Software_64_6_6_6_9.exe. What else your driver have changed I don't know at this point but I have a restore point prior to installing your software so I can test for some days.

(HJ)
HiJack

Postby Ben » Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:01 pm

it's highly unlikely that TP Server could have caused this error. it doesn't modify any files on your system other than it's own files that it puts in C:/Program Files/Touch Pilot. please keep us posted and let me know if there's anything i can do to help.
---------------------
Ben @ Touch Pilot
Ben

Postby HiJack » Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:54 pm

The problem appeared when installing Touch Pilot but if no other have the problem thats fine with me. Touch Pilot is working now.

(HJ)
HiJack

Return to Touch Pilot Server